8 & Under
For every swimmer of skill, there comes a moment when it is time to move beyond Lessons to Practice. This training squad is composed of Imagine swimmers 6-8 years old who are ready to dive into the next aquatic challenge. These swimmers will be introduced to "mini" swim team workouts, and compete in their first sanctioned swim meets.
Age: 6-8 years old
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 1000-1500 yards per practice
Attendance Requirement: 2x/week (3x/wk offered)
- All four strokes must be technically sound according to legal stroke specifications with racing dive and flip turns
- Must commit to two workouts per week with option to keep advanced lesson, and racing in competitions
- Must attend 2 practices/week (3x/week offered)
- Approximately one swim meet every other month.
- Required participation in the Metro 8&U Championships.
Training Schedule 8 & Under
|Wednesday||6:00pm - 7:30pm||Swim||Crown Heights|
|Thursday||5:00pm - 6:00pm||Swim||Gramercy|
|Sunday||10:30am - 12:00pm||Swim||Gramercy|