The Gold Prep group is a new group for the Makos, providing that step in between the Silver and Gold groups. It is for swimmers who wish to compete on a regular basis, have spent at least a year with the Silver group, and are now aiming to qualify and score points at Junior Olympics. The goal of this group is to prepare swimmers for the training and commitment level of the Gold group.
Age: 12-16 years old
*always subject to the coaches’ discretion
Average Yardage: 3500-4500 yards per practice
* Swimmers require a minimum one year in Silver before moving up to Gold Prep.
* Must have basic knowledge of pace clock, intervals, dryland, circle swimming, etc.
* Example sets: 10x100 Free on 1:30; 8x200 I.M. on 3:45; 10x50 Kick on 1:00
- Must attend minimum 4 practices/week (6x/week offered)
- Approx. one swim meet every month.
- Participation in Metro Championship meets, travel meets and training trips.
- Must participate in BridgeAthletic dryland training.
Training schedule - Gold Prep
Monday 6-7:15 am Swim @ Bowling Green
Tuesday 6-7:30 pm Swim @ Crown Heights
Wednesday 5:20-5:50 pm Bridge + 6-8 pm Swim @ Bowling Green
Thursday 7-8:30 pm Swim @ Bowling Green
Friday 4:20-6 pm Swim @ Gramercy*
Saturday 12-1:30 pm Swim @ Upper East Side*
*Bridge Schedule (as weather permits; specific dates to be sent later)
Sept & Oct: WED (BG), FRI (Asser Levy Park) & SAT (Central Park)
Nov - April: WED (BG) & FRI (Gramercy Gym)
May - July: WED (BG) & SAT (Central Park)