12 & Under
This group is for swimmers who are ready to commit and compete on a regular basis. The main focus will be to enhance technique while having fun. Swimmers should be ready for stroke, start and turn refinement. There is a continued focus on breath control and use of the dolphin kick while training and racing. Basic stroke and kicking drills are reinforced, and conditioning becomes a more important factor in workouts. These swimmers are aiming to qualify and compete at the Silvers Championship. Swimmers can move up to 12&U performance as soon as they complete the qualifications.
Age: 10-13 years old*
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 3000-3600 yards per practice
- Must have basic knowledge of pace clock, intervals, dryland, circle swimming, etc.
- Example sets: 10x100 Free on 2:00; 8x200 I.M. on 4:00; 10x50 Kick on 1:30
Members of this team are encouraged to attend practice as often as possible, however, there is no attendance requirement.
One swim meet every other month (approx.).
- Understanding that the great focus and effort in practice leads to great performance
- Coach directed goal setting
- Continue building strokes kick/body position centric
- Using restroom before and after practice to not interrupt training
- Race 200 IM in meets
- Race 100 of each stroke in meets
- Compete in all group meets
- Qualify and compete in Championship level meets
- Establish consistent practice attendance
Training schedule 12 & Under (TBC)
|Monday||5:20pm - 5:50pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Monday||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Tuesday||5:00pm - 6:30pm||Swim||Gramercy|
|Wednesday||6:30pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Gramercy|
|Thursday||5:00pm - 5:40pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||5:45pm - 7:15pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Friday||5:20pm - 5:50pm||Dryland||Gramercy|
|Friday||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Gramercy|