For every swimmer of skill, there comes a moment when it is time to move beyond Lessons to Practice. This training squad is composed of Imagine swimmers 6-9 years old who are ready to dive into the next aquatic challenge. These swimmers will be introduced to "mini" swim team workouts, and compete in their first sanctioned swim meets.The fundamentals of all four strokes are taught as well as skills that will allow them to function as part of a swim team. Skills and fun are emphasized.
Age: 6-9 years old*
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 1000-1500 yards per practice
Attendance Requirement: 2x/week
- All four strokes must be technically sound according to legal stroke specifications with racing dive and flip turns
- Must commit to two workouts per week with option to keep advanced lessons, and racing in competitions
- Must attend 2 practices/week
- Approximately one swim meet every other month.
- Required participation in the Metro 8&U Championships.
- 25 yards freestyle with side breathing
- 25 yards backstroke
- Stay on the right side of the lane
- Come to practice on time with Mako cap and goggles
- Give the coach undivided attention during instructions
- Swim 25 yards of legal Breaststroke
- Swim 25 yards legal Butterfly
- Perform legal flip turns and open turns
- Legal dive from side of pool
Training Schedule Mini Makos
|Monday||5:45pm - 6:30pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Wednesday||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Swim||CH Armory|