This age group is for swimmers who are ready to take the extra step when it comes to commitment and performance. Athletes have high goals and are willing to make technical changes, learn race strategies, and understand that they ultimately have control over their success both in and out of the water. Swimmers in this group should have a strong technical foundation and be working on building their aerobic capacity. Development and refinement of the basic competitive swimming techniques in all strokes, starts and turns. The swimmer must demonstrate the ability to participate in higher level conditioning sets. These swimmers are recommended to make swimming their main sport and aiming to qualify for Junior Olympics and Zones.
Age: 9-12 years old*
Training schedule Red Makos
|Monday||6:45pm - 8:15pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Tuesday||5:00pm - 5:30pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Tuesday||5:45pm - 7:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||5:00pm - 5:45pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Friday||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Swim||Armory - Brooklyn|
|Sunday||10:00am - 11:00am||Swim||Bowling Green|
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 2200-3600 yards per practice
- Must have basic knowledge of pace clock, intervals, dryland, circle swimming, etc.
- Before Entry into the group, swimmer must complete:
- 10x100 FR @ 1:40
- 10x50 Kick @ 1:00
- 5x100 IM @ 2:00
- Have at least 5 Silvers Championship qualifying times
Must attend at least 3 practices/week plus 1 Dryland
One swim meet every other month (approx.).
Participation in championship meets.
- Qualify for and compete in local and regional championship meets
- Coachable, willing to quickly learn and adapt
- Race 400 IM in meets
- Race 200s of each stroke in meets
- Accept responsibility for his/her performance
- Attend all practices
- Embrace swimming at stroke count
- Learn to be comfortable being uncomfortable