Join the team
Thank you for your interest in the Manhattan Makos Swim Team! The Manhattan Makos is a year-round competitive swimming team located in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Basic requirements to tryout for the team include:
- Must be able to perform all four strokes technically legal according to USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Must demonstrate efficient racing dives
- Must be able to perform flip turns
- Must commit to the minimum attendance requirements
- Must express a strong personal interest in being a part of a competitive swim team.
If you think your child meets the above requirements, please speak with his or her Imagine instructor at the pool to determine if your swimmer is ready to move up to the swim team, then contact Coach Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 212-253-9650 to confirm a spot in the tryouts.
Advanced swimming options outside of the Manhattan Makos team
In addition, Imagine Swimming has a group called the Squad program which is geared toward swimmers, ages 10-18, interested in practicing a few days a week, but maybe aren't interested or ready to commit to the full immersion of club swimming with our Manhattan Makos team. Rather, the goal of the Squad program will be to continue refining strokes, endurance, and general fitness in the water, in a fun pressure-free setting that is not focused on the destination of swim meets and racing.
The roster for SQUAD is currently full but if you're interested, please email email@example.com and we will keep you in mind if/when space becomes available.