13 & Over - Junior
The 13 & Over Junior group will provide that step in between the 12 & Under and our Senior training groups. It is for swimmers who wish to compete on a regular basis and is now aiming to qualify and score points at Junior Olympics. The goal of this group is to prepare swimmers for the training and commitment level of the Senior group.
Age: 13 - 18 years old
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 4000-5500 yards per practice
- Must have basic knowledge of pace clock, intervals, dryland, circle swimming, etc.
- Example sets: 10x100 Free on 1:25; 8x200 I.M. on 3:20; 10x50 Kick on 1:00
- Must attend minimum 5 practices/week and 2 dryland workouts. (7x/week offered)
- Approx. one swim meet every month.
- Participation in Metro Championship meets, travel meets and training trips.
Training Schedule 13 & Over - Junior
|Monday||5:00pm - 7:00pm||Swim||Brooklyn Heights|
|Tuesday||6:20pm - 6:50pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Tuesday||7:00pm - 8:30pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Wednesday||6:00am - 7:15am||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Wednesday||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Wednesday||7:15pm - 8:45pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||6:15pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Gramercy|
|Friday||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Brooklyn Heights|
|Saturday||11:00am - 11:50am||Dryland||BMCC|
|Saturday||12:00pm - 2:00pm||Swim||BMCC|