This Junior group will provide that step in between the 12&U and our Senior training groups. The Junior group is designed to serve swimmers 13-18 who are looking to balance swimming with other extra-curricular activities. Junior emphasizes enjoying swimming, improving technique, and experiencing the aerobic benefits of working out. The goal of this group is to prepare swimmers for the training and commitment level of a Senior group. Multi-sport athletes and high school swimmers looking to train the rest of the year are encouraged to join the Junior Group.
Age: 13 - 18 years old*
*Always subject to the coaches’ discretion*
Average Yardage: 4000-5000 yards per practice
- Must have basic knowledge of pace clock, intervals, dryland, circle swimming, etc.
- Before Entry into the group, swimmer must complete:
- 10x100 FR @1:30
- 10x50 Kick @1
- 5x100 IM @ 1:40
- Have at least 5 Silvers Championship qualifying times
- Must attend 5 practices/week plus 2 Dryland
- Approx. one swim meet every month.
- Participation in Metro Championship meets, travel meets and training trips.
- Qualify for and compete in championship Meets
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Be able to swim the 200 IM as well as focus on primary stroke
- Understands the relationship between his/her personal commitment and results
- Can effectively communicate with teammates and coaches without parent intervention
- Contributes to a positive, fun workout environment
- Swimmers who show appropriate levels of commitment and performance are encouraged to progress to Senior.
Training Schedule - Junior
|Monday||6:00pm - 7:30pm||Swim||Armory-Brooklyn|
|Tuesday||6:15pm - 6:45pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Tuesday||7:00pm - 8:30pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Wednesday||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||6:15pm - 6:45pm||Dryland||Bowling Green|
|Thursday||7:00pm - 8:30pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Friday||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Saturday||7:00am - 9:00am||Swim||Bowling Green|
|Saturday||9:00am - 9:45am||Dryland||Bowling Green|